Writers Conference Panel: "Remembrance of Things Past"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 12 PM
Panel: "Remembrance of Things Past"
Richard Bausch, Dorothy Allison, and Mary Jo Bang
Moderator: Adam Kitzes
The 44th Annual Writers Conference, "A Portrait of an Artist" will run March 19-23.
Each year, literature lovers from all over North Dakota and beyond attend this event to listen to panel discussions, readings and ask questions of internationally prominent authors.
The lineup for this year's authors and artists include Cheryl Strayed, Nick Flynn, Ed Bok Lee, Dorothy Allison, Gary Shteyngart, Mary Jo Bang and Richard Bausch, as well as two-time Oscar nominee and Pulitzer Prize winner Tony Kushner.
Each authors will give a public reading during the Conference with time reserved for audience members to pose questions, with a book signing to follow. These readings take place at 4p.m. and 8 p.m., Tuesday through Friday, primarily in the UND Memorial Ballroom. At 8p.m., on Friday, at the Chester Fritz Auditorium, the UND Writers Conference will feature "A Conversation with Tony Kushner" moderated by Jack Russell Weinstein, director of the UND Institute for Philosophy in Public Life and the host of Prairie Public's popular WHY? Radio show.
In addition to readings, the Conference includes three panel discussions, where a group of Conference authors answer questions posed by the moderator and those submitted by the audience. Also, this year, the UND Theatre Arts Department will stage two Tony Kushner plays on Saturday night, March 23. A complete schedule is available athttp://www.undwritersconference.org/wc-schedule.htm.
All sessions are free to attend and open to the public.
There is no need to be familiar with an author's work prior to the session. People who are interested in brushing up on a particular author before the session can pick up books for the 2013 Writers Conference at the Bookstore.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Kick Butts Day (All Day)
- National Nutrition Month (All Day)
- Muscle Pump (6:15 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- U2-Civility on Your Campus (8:30 AM)
- Dan Jones: Charcoal Exhibition (9 AM)
- Grids, Blobs, Smears and Stripes: A Timothy Ray Retrospective (9 AM)
- Story Time at Campbell Library (10 AM)
- Writers Conference Public Readings (10 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Obesity Prevention: Individual to Community, and Beyond (12 PM)
- Bone Marrow Donor Drive Meeting (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- Career Crash Course: Interviewing Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Northwestern Mutual-Bohannon Group (12:30 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Writers Conference Film: Adaptation (2 PM)
- Webinar - Teaching Naked: Technology and E-Communication for Student Engagement, Jose Bowen (2 PM)
- Ed Nelson Memorial Lecture (3:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (4 PM)
- ArtWise Elementary Art Show (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference Reading: Mary Jo Bang (4 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (4:15 PM)
- Formal Fitness (4:45 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Writers Conference Film: Exit Through the Gift Shop (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writer's Group @ GFPL (6 PM)
- Peace Corps Info Session (6 PM)
- Hip Hop (7:15 PM)
- CoreCycle (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Writers Conference Reading: Nick Flynn (8 PM)
- Junior Trombone Recital (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)
- Writers Conference Reception (9 PM)