(editor's pick)Soup in the Studio
Thursday, April 18, 2013 5 PM - 7:30 PM
Community Event, Concert / Live Music, Museum / Gallery Exhibit
Contact: Cynthia Shabb 701.746.8233
Contact Dept: Global Friends Coalition
Muddy Waters Clay Studio
2014 13th Ave N
Grand Forks, ND 58203
Muddy Waters Clay Center (2014 13th Avenue North) has opened its doors to host Soup in the Studio: a fundraiser for Global Friends Coalition on Thursday, April 18th from 5:00 to 7:30 p.m. “Art for the Soul, Soup for the Bowl” is the theme for this year’s fundraiser. We are delighted to be partnering with so many individuals, local organizations, and businesses to further our work of refugee integration in Grand Forks.
Al Boucher is the featured artist and designer of the 2013 bowl that will be available for purchase for $25.00. In 2010, Al was selected as the North Valley Arts Council’s Artist of the Year. His functional and sculptural pottery can be found in numerous public and private collections. Each ceramic bowl (dishwasher and microwave safe) is individually hand-crafted and glazed by a local artist at Muddy Waters Clay Center in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The Muddy Waters Clay Center design is on the outside of the bowl with an imprint of Global Friends Coalition appearing on the bottom of it.
Many different soups (vegetarian and vegan, as well as those with meat) will be available for tasting, including soup prepared by Mayor Michael Brown, Amazing Grains, members of the Greater Grand Forks Young Professionals, and Global Friends Coalition board members.
Live music by members of Sneaky Wild Oats including Mike Bartunek and Peggy Bartunek will open the event at 5:00 p.m. Wine by Happy Harry’s Bottle Shops and rolls from Dakota Harvest Bakers will be served, thanks to their generous donation.
There is no cost for this event—a free will donation will be taken for the soup. The bowls will be for sale for $25.00, and the purchase of a bowl comes with free soup. It will be an evening of food, fun, and fundraising, and all ages are welcome.
The Global Friends Coalition is a non-profit 501 (c) (3) supported by grants and individual donations. Please help us continue our programs. For more information about this event, please go to www.soupinthestudio.com or contact us at 701.746.8233 or email email@example.com.
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Frank Low Research Day (All Day)
- National Library Week @ The Grand Forks Public Library! (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- ISA Time-Out Week (8 AM)
- SAMA Conference (8 AM)
- McNair Forum (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (10:30 AM)
- Biking for PUSH (11 AM)
- Career Crash Course: Job Search/Networking Techniques (12:30 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (1 PM)
- Crisis Communication Colloquium (2 PM)
- Student Showcase (2 PM)
- Student Showcase (2 PM)
- A&S Dean Candidate Forum (2:30 PM)
- Sigma Chi Soccer Tournament (3 PM)
- Turbo Kick (3:45 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- 20/20/20 (4:45 PM)
- Studio One Live Show (5 PM)
- Music Video Cycle (5:15 PM)
- Boxing (5:30 PM)
- Figure Drawing Class (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: Electronic Devices (It’s on, now what?) (6 PM)
- Story Time at Campbell Library (7 PM)
- Styx, REO Speedwagon, Ted Nugent (7 PM)
- enCORE (7 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Group @ GFPL (7 PM)
- Much Ado About Nothing (7:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:45 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8:45 PM)