Turtle Fest 2013
Saturday, June 15, 2013 10 AM - 3:30 PM
Kids & Families, Concert / Live Music, Fair / Festival
Contact: Patricia Nies 701.777.3791
Contact Dept: Admissions Office, UND
Turtle River State Park
22 Miles West of Grand Forks on Hwy 2
Arvilla, ND 58202
Saturday, June 15 is Turtle Fest 2013 at Turtle River State Park (20 miles west of Grand Forks on Highway 2) 10 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Park admission is free that day as are all events.
All events are located at the Woodland Lodge, except where noted.
Ongoing Events: "bouncy house", geocaching instruction, self-guided kids scavenger hunt, camping units on display,
bikes & biking equipment on display.
10:00 a.m.--1:00 p.m. Kids' Fishing Seminar (CCC Memorial Shelter)
10:00 a.m.-- 1:00 p.m. Arts and Crafts for Kids
10:00-noon Kids Bike Safety Seminar (helmets required)
11:00 a.m.—2:00 p.m. food available by Skip’s Gourmet Grub
11:00-2:00 Live bluegrass performed by "Too Old to Die Young"
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Minnow Races (preregister earlier that day)
3:00 p.m. “More Than A Reptile Show”
Sponsored by Friends of Turtle River with assistance from Cabela's, Scheels, The Ski & Bike Shop, Budget RV, and Safe Kids Grand Forks.
Other Events on This Day
- "Finding North Dakota" 250 Years of Mapping Exhibit (All Day)
- (editor's pick)Downtown Farmers Market (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)Extreme North Dakota Bicycle, Orienteer, Boat (END-BOB) (9 AM)
- TurtleFest (9:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Art & Wine Walk (1 PM)
- Free Movie @ The Library! (2 PM)
- Boys Basketball Elite Development Camp (3 PM)
- INMED Summer Institute Program (3 PM)