North Dakota Girl's State
Monday, June 10, 2013 12 PM - 1:45 PM
At Girls State citizens are divided into cities, two cities form a county, and all counties combine to create the mock state of Flickertail Girls State.
•Learn about city, county and state government by running for offices, holding elections, writing laws, and participating in various other activities.
•Staters don’t just hear about the government process- they are the process!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- "Finding North Dakota" 250 Years of Mapping Exhibit (All Day)
- North Dakota Girls State (All Day)
- Girl's Basketball All Day/Overnight Camp (All Day)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Grand Forks Jr. Tour (8 AM)
- Asbestos Supervisor Initital (8 AM)
- North Dakota Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- cScibot Lego Intro Camp (1 PM)
- READ Dogs @ GFPL (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)INMED Summer Institute Program (3 PM)
- INPSYDE Summer Institute (3 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (6 PM)
- Exploring Grand Forks (6 PM)