North Dakota Girl's State
Wednesday, June 12, 2013 12 PM - 1:45 PM
At Girls State citizens are divided into cities, two cities form a county, and all counties combine to create the mock state of Flickertail Girls State.
•Learn about city, county and state government by running for offices, holding elections, writing laws, and participating in various other activities.
•Staters don’t just hear about the government process- they are the process!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- "Finding North Dakota" 250 Years of Mapping Exhibit (All Day)
- North Dakota Girls State (All Day)
- Denim Day (All Day)
- Girl's Basketball Skills Camp (All Day)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Aircraft Accident Investigation (8 AM)
- Asbestos Supervisor Initital (8 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Burgers on the Boulevard (11 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- cScibot Lego Intro Camp (1 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)New Building Kickoff (1 PM)
- INMED Summer Institute Program (3 PM)
- INPSYDE Summer Institute (3 PM)
- ViPR (4:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Meet You In The Soaring Eagle Prairie Garden (4:30 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (5:45 PM)