(editor's pick)Concerts in the Garden: The Pines and Charlie Parr
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 7:15 PM
Cost: See website
Category: Community Event, Concert / Live Music
Contact: Matthew Wallace 701.777.4195
Contact Dept: North Dakota Museum of Art
North Dakota Museum of Art
261 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Duluth native Charlie Parr is splitting a show with Minneapolis-based band The Pines. Parr will take the stage at 6 pm, with The Pines performing at 7:15 pm. Both Parr and The Pines have played the Museum’s Concerts in the Garden in the past – Parr in 2011, and The Pines in 2012.
A great live act whether performing as a stripped-down trio (David Huckfelt, Benson Ramsey and Alex Ramsey) or as a full rock band, The Pines’ devoted cult following has led them to share the stage with such diverse acts as Bon Iver, Mavis Staples, The Arcade Fire, Iris DeMent, Mason Jennings, and Spider John Koerner.
According to Charlie Parr’s press release, “Parr shows up with a lived-in rasp of a voice, National resonator and 12-string acoustic guitars, a banjo and a batch of his own songs and well-traveled numbers by Mississippi John Hurt, Charley Patton and other cohorts from another time.”
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Grades due at noon (All Day)
- Lincoln In North Dakota Exhibit (All Day)
- Sign Your Wellness Center E-Waiver (All Day)
- Stretch with Steph (8 AM)
- Dietitian Drop-Ins (8 AM)
- Dal Segno Chamber Music & Orchestra Camp (9 AM)
- Purchasing Policies and Procedures (9 AM)
- NDMOA Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- PaymentNet Training (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Bookworms Book Club (10:30 AM)
- Tour of the Grand Forks Senior Center (11 AM)
- Popping for Scholarships (11 AM)
- Handling Confrontational Customers (1 PM)
- OmniUpdate Training (Advanced) (1:30 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (4:45 PM)
- (editor's pick)Lincoln In North Dakota (7 PM)
- Teen Advisory Board (TAB) @ the Grand Forks Public Library (7 PM)