Thursday, June 20, 2013 8 PM - 9 PM
Come experience a presentation by Sue Hasselbring (Sociolinguistic Consultant with SIL International) on the participatory method as applied to language programs. The talk, titled “The Expanding Use of Participatory Approaches in Language Programs,” will show how participatory methods have been used in language development work to encourage better communication and to foster local ownership. Several case studies from different countries will be shared. Some discussion of complex systems and how participatory methods can help us work well within them will be included.
Free parking is available on various side streets in the area. Please pay attention to parking lot and other parking restrictions.
Sponsored by SIL International (formerly known as the Summer Institute of Linguistics), partnering with UND for over 60 years.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- R-COOL Scrubs Academy (12 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Computer Processing Camp (9 AM)
- North Dakota Strength Athletic Development Camp (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Girl's Basketball Team Camp (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- GFPL Summer Reading Program-Dig into Geology! (2 PM)
- INMED Summer Institute Program (3 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Grand Forks Public Library Board Meeting (4:45 PM)
- Introduction to Ceramics (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: Pin It! (6 PM)
- CYGA (6:30 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Group @ GFPL (7 PM)
- Mother Goose - Storybook Theatre for pre-k (9 PM)
- Lone Star - Dark Comedy at Fire Hall Theatre (9:30 PM)