AFAA Personal Trainer Certification
Friday, October 18, 2013 1 PM - 9:30 PM
Category: Health & Wellness, Special Event, Class Event
Contact: Stephanie Hoffman 701.777.2943
Contact Dept: Health & Wellness, Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Room 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
WHAT IS IT?
A three-day certification workshop including lectures, practical demonstrations and written and practical exams. This course will help prepare you for both AFAA's Personal Fitness Trainer Certification and the Personal Fitness Trainer National Boards. The curriculum includes:
Anatomy and kinesiology. Fitness assessment testing procedures (3-minute Step test, sit-and-reach, push-up, abdominal crunch, body composition screening with skin-fold caliper measurement)Nutrition fundamentals and weight management. Special populations and medical considerations. Listening, leadership and motivational skills. Exercise programming in the weight room. Wellness programming and screening guidelines
WHO IS IT FOR?
For the aspiring and experienced fitness professional working one-on-one with exercise clients.
Early registration and pre-study is required. Weight room/weight training experience is strongly recommended.
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The workshop fee is $499* (less a 10% discount for current AFAA members. Corporate affiliate discounts may not be combined).
This fee includes:
3-day Certification Workshop at a facility near you.
Personal Trainer Certification Study Guide - written and practical certification testing.
One-year AFAA membership ($68 value) or membership extension to current members and a print or digital subscription to American Fitness magazine (does not include postage to addresses outside the U.S.)
AFAA Certified Personal Trainer certificate and I.D. card (upon successful completion of both written and practical examinations)
CPR/AED certification required before certificate is issued.
AFAA certified professionals who wish to register only for CEU credit pay a workshop fee of $255. Receive 15 CEUs.
*Fee does not include the recommended Personal Fitness Training: Theory and Practice textbook (2010) ($69 plus shipping), or the practice test for Personal Trainer Certification ($20).
UND Wellness Center membership not required, although participants will need to sign a special events waiver to enter the building.
Temporary parking permits will be provided to those who attend trainings - please be prepared to show certification registration at the time of entry.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (All Day)
- Help Us Keep the Little Ones Warm! (8 AM)
- Change The Game: New Responses to Bad Behavior (8:30 AM)
- Breaking Bread and Conversation (9 AM)
- Friends of the Library Fall Book Sale (9 AM)
- Jimmy John's Table at the Memorial Union (10:30 AM)
- Healthy UND Monthly Meeting (12 PM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- Children's Chess Club @ GFPL (3:45 PM)
- Soccer at Southern Utah (4 PM)
- Revolution (5 PM)
- Quilting on the Red Quilt Show Presented by North Star Quilters Guild (5 PM)
- Men's Swimming & Diving at South Dakota (6 PM)
- Women's Swimming & Diving at South Dakota (6 PM)
- Men's Hockey at Miami (7 PM)
- Women's Hockey vs. Ohio State (7:05 PM)
- Neighborhood 3: Requisition of Doom (7:30 PM)
- Concert Choir Concert (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)Joseph Tran: Magician, Comedian (9 PM)
- DOG SEES GOD (9:30 PM)