(editor's pick)The Shadows
Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:30 PM
Cost: $25 advance/ $29 at the door
Category: Concert / Live Music
Contact: Betty Allan 701.777.2170
Contact Dept: Chester Fritz Auditorium
Chester Fritz Auditorium
3475 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The Shadows Tribute Show is coming back to the Chester Fritz with many new songs from the
50's and 60's that featured string accompaniment!
For anyone who grew up in that era - to their children and grandchildren - these are some of the best songs of all time! Buddy Holly's string hits "It Doesn't Matter Anymore," "True Love Ways," Gene Pitney's "Town Without Pity;" Bobby Vee's "Take Good Care of My Baby;" and the unforgettable Monster Hits of Roy Orbison "Only the Lonely," "Running Scared" with a 12 piece string section from the Greater Grand Forks Symphony is a thrilling experience!!
The Shadows, who were originally known as Bobby Vee and the Shadows from Fargo, ND, made their first public appearance at the Moorhead Armory Feb. 3, 1959, replacing Buddy Holly, who was killed in a plane crash. The group played in Fargo and Grand Forks, ND before they went on to world-wide fame with 4 gold records and a total of 13 million records sold. The original band broke up in 1964 with the advent of the English groups dominating the record charts. The band was revived in 2005 by founding member Dick Dunkirk for a performance at their induction into the Mid-America Music Hall of Fame.
After a great response to their performance, they have been doing 50-60 shows a year around the midwest in theatres, casino's and ballrooms! The Shadows Tribute Show is determined to "keep the music alive"!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Badminton Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Ultimate Frisbee Online Registration (All Day)
- (editor's pick)END-TOMBED 12-Hour Mountain Bike Race (8 AM)
- Premed Day (10 AM)
- Power Cycle (11 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Tabata (12:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Family Fun at the Wellness Center (1 PM)
- Graduate Trumpet Recital (1 PM)
- (editor's pick)Free Movie @ The Library! (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)Peter and the Wolf Family Fun Concert (3 PM)
- Football at Portland State (3:05 PM)
- Women's Hockey at SCSU (3:05 PM)
- Volleyball vs. Montana State (4 PM)
- Graduate Trombone Recital (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Haunted Stacks (7 PM)
- Men's Hockey vs. U.S. U-18 Team (7:05 PM)
- Neighborhood 3: Requisition of Doom (7:30 PM)
- Haunted Lab (9 PM)