Healthy UND Monthly Meeting
Friday, March 28, 2014 12 PM - 1 PM
Healthier UND Students, Faculty and Staff
Work in partnership to promote healthy lifestyles choices by enhancing awareness, building skills, changing social norms, and creating a healthier environment.
In May of 2000 the Healthy UND Coalition adopted its current overarching principle which is to emphasize all 7 dimensions of wellness including: physical, emotional, social, spiritual, occupational, intellectual, and environmental.
About the Healthy UND Coalition
In October of 2000 President Kupchella officially launched the Healthy UND Coalition and charged Dr. Robert Boyd with organizational oversight. $10,000 in health fee funding was provided through the Division of Student and Outreach Services [Present day Division of Student Affairs].
In May of 2000 the Healthy UND Coalition and Student Health Services adopted the 7 Dimensions of Wellness for use at UND.
Healthy UND is a coalition of students, faculty and staff interested in promoting health and wellness on campus.
The Healthy UND Coalition was formed over ten years ago and today continues to serve as a communication and coordination network for all health and wellness issues on campus.
While the Healthy UND Coalition focuses on current health and wellness issues, Healthy UND 2020 focuses on the future and the creation of a long-range action plan to address the leading health and wellness issues that negatively impact student academic success and retention.
During the 2009/2010 academic year, planning was conducted through a presidentially appointed steering committee. During the 2010/2011 academic year action-planning was accomplished through five priority action groups. The Healthy UND Call to Action Report was completed during the Fall of 2011. During the 2011/2012 the Coalition continues to use the goals, objectives, and strategies from the Call to Action Report at their guide while creating a campus culture in which healthy choices are the norm. Subcommittees were formed to continually move forward with the Call to Action report. These subcommittees include Nutrition Subcommittee, Physical Activity Subcommittee, and Alcohol and Other Drugs Committee.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- Breakfast Chat Fridays (9 AM)
- Learning Environments & Student Engagement Series - Blackboard Collaborate - Engages Everyone, Every Time, Everywhere (9 AM)
- Continental Resources Campus Takeover (10:30 AM)
- NDSGC Educator Workshop (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)NASA in the Classroom - Educator Workshop (11 AM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12 PM)
- CoBPA Faculty Research Seminar Series (12 PM)
- Softball at Portland State (12 PM)
- UND Baseball vs. Northern Colorado (1 PM)
- Softball at Portland State (2 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3:15 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Physics & Astrophysics Colloquium (4 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- Opera Double-Bill: Dr. Miracle & Trial By Jury (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Hypnotist Chris Jones (9 PM)