(editor's pick)Welcome Convocation
Monday, August 26, 2013 2 PM
In conjunction with Welcome Weekend 2013, UND will host a welcome convocation at 2 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26, in the Chester Fritz Auditorium.
Just as Commencement marks the culmination of each student’s educational journey at UND, Convocation will mark the beginning. UND’s faculty are unique guides for all students’ journeys. As such, all faculty are invited to join President Kelley in welcoming the newest members of our academic community of scholars. To celebrate this special time and signify its importance, faculty are encouraged to wear academic regalia and participate in Convocation.
Participating faculty are asked to report to the lower level of the Chester Fritz Auditorium no later than 1:30 p.m. Monday, Aug. 26. The procession will begin promptly at 2 p.m. The event is expected to last approximately one hour.
The first 50 faculty to RSVP their participation will be seated on the stage. RSVPs can be made by contacting Cassie Gerhardt at 777.3667 or cassie.gerhardt@UND.edu by Aug. 23.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Flag Football Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Volleyball Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Dodgeball Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Inline Hockey Online Registration (All Day)
- Last day for advancement to candidacy for all graduate students planning to graduate in December (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (All Day)
- Welcome Weekend (8 AM)
- New Music Major Orientation Day (8 AM)
- Stretch with Steph (8 AM)
- Dietitian Drop-Ins (8 AM)
- Defensive Driving (12:30 PM)
- Beginning of Instruction (4 PM)