ND Met National Council Auditions and Public Master Class
Saturday, November 23, 2013 11 AM - 4 PM
Culture, Concert / Live Music
Contact: Louise Pinkerton 701.777.2829
Contact Dept: ND Met District Auditions
Hughes Fine Arts Recital Hall
3350 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The North Dakota District of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions (ND Met) is the first level of a national opera competition for aspiring young opera singers between the ages of 20 and 30. The singers prepare five arias, songs, from operas and will perform two of them for a panel of nationally renowned opera professionals. This year, the auditions are Saturday, November 23rd, and the competition will begin at 11:00 a.m. in the Josephine Campbell Recital Hall in Hughes Fine Arts Center on the University of North Dakota Campus. An Awards Ceremony and a public master class with the singers conducted by one of the judges will follow the auditions. This event is sponsored by the North Valley Arts Council, the UND Music Department, and the University Fellows.
Admission to all auditions and the master class are free and open to the public.
Visit our Facebook Page for more information about ND Met and additional opera events to be scheduled that weekend.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Men's Swimming & Diving Northwestern Invite (All Day)
- Women's Swimming & Diving at Northwestern Invite (All Day)
- Geography Awareness Week (All Day)
- Medical, Nursing and Law Days (8:15 AM)
- Heightened Awareness: From the Ground Up (10 AM)
- Museum Family Day (10 AM)
- Power Cycle (11 AM)
- Opera Auditions (11:30 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Tabata (12:15 PM)
- Vocal Master Class (2:30 PM)
- Volleyball vs. Southern Utah (4 PM)
- Women's Hockey vs. Wisconsin (7:05 PM)
- (editor's pick)Defending the Caveman (7:30 PM)
- Men's Hockey at BU (7:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)A Chorus Line (7:30 PM)
- Parallel Lives (9:30 PM)