(editor's pick)Groundbreaking for UND Athletics High Performance Center
Thursday, September 5, 2013 1:30 PM
Brick by Brick, the University of North Dakota continues to build its NCAA Division I Athletics program. UND invites the community to help celebrate an important part of the construction process when it breaks ground for the UND High Performance Center Thursday, Sept. 5, 1:30 p.m. at the Outdoor Practice Field, south of Memorial Stadium and the Old Ralph. The UND Athletics High Performance Center will serve as the indoor training center for all UND Athletics programs as well as a competition facility for track and field events.
“This is an exciting time for UND Athletics. We have finished UND’s transition to NCAA Division I in all sports. The High Performance Center will be an important asset for recruiting and retaining top athletes and for continuing UND’s tradition of building nationally competitive teams," said UND President Robert Kelley.
Kelley added, "I invite the community to join us as we break ground for this important facility for our student athletes and UND Athletics."
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Dodgeball Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Inline Hockey Online Registration (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Stretch with Steph (8 AM)
- Dietitian Drop-Ins (8 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Potato Bowl Baked Potato Bar (11 AM)
- Lunch Crunch (12:15 PM)
- ZUMBA (4 PM)
- University Senate Meeting (4:05 PM)
- (editor's pick)Potato Bowl French Fry Feed (4:30 PM)
- Library U @ GFPL! Learn about M.O.O.C! (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Book Signing: Marilyn Hagerty (7 PM)
- House Party (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)