(editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series: Amreeka
Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7 PM
Cost: Freewill Donation
Category: Community Event, Movie Event
Contact: Marcia Mikulak 701.777.4718
Memorial Union Lecture Bowl
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Amreeka, 2009 fictional drama brought to UND through UND's Global Film Series.
Many of the films in the Global Visions Film Series are award winning national and international films, whose cinematic acuity and artistic perspectives reveal the realities of daily life from cross-cultural perspectives, exposing the unity and disparity of the human condition around the world.
The series is free and open to the public. Suggested goodwill donations of $1 are encouraged, but not required. Film-goers are encouraged to come early to ensure a seat.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Men's Basketball at Wisconsin (All Day)
- Geography Awareness Week (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- PeopleSoft Queries – what they can do for you! (9 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Interviewing & Hiring (10 AM)
- Monica Arvidson Open House (10 AM)
- Monica Arvidson Reception (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)State of the University Address (3:30 PM)
- Turbo Kick (4 PM)
- Cheap, Fast, and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Great Reads Book Club (7 PM)
- Aviation Safety Meeting (7 PM)
- Final Approach: Northwest Flight 650 (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Trombone Choir Recital (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:45 PM)