(editor's pick)Nontraditional Student Recognition Week
Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8 AM - 8 PM
Community Event, Special Event, Notice
Contact: Jessica Rosencrans 701.777.2117
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
November 4-8, 2013 is national Nontraditional Student Recognition Week. To show our support and appreciation, the following activities have been scheduled for nontraditional students at UND in conjunction with the Adult Re-Entry program during the national recognition week. Everyone is encouraged to attend the following events.
Nontraditional Student Winner
One nominated student will be recognized as the Nontraditional Student of the Year. This individual will be awarded a $500 scholarship to be used in the Spring semester and they will also receive the annual Nontraditional Student Recognition Award at the Memorial Union Leadership Award Ceremony in May.
Tuesday, November 5 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm - Adult Re-Entry Open House/Pizza
Join us to celebrate Nontraditional Students! Students are invited to stop in for some pizza and refreshments! Jessica Rosencrans, the Adult Re-Entry coordinator will be available to answer any questions regarding nontraditional students, programs, and events. One nominated student will be recognized as the Nontraditional Student of the Year. This individual will be awarded a $500 scholarship to be used in the Spring semester and they will also receive the annual Nontraditional Student Recognition Award at the Memorial Union Leadership Award Ceremony in May
Thursday, November 7 from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm - Coffee, Cookies & Conversation
Roy Fillion from Job Service of North Dakota will be a guest speaker at this weekly event. Mr. Fillion will discuss how his office works with students and the community. The event is an informal gathering of nontraditional students. Coffee and cookies will be provided. This session will be held in the Memorial Union third floor lounge.
Thursday, November 7 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm - Veterans Information Fair
The Adult Re-Entry program will have a table at the information fair. This event will be held in the Memorial Union from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm. Jessica Rosencrans, the Adult Re-Entry coordinator will be available to assist service members with general questions regarding nontraditional students, programs, and events.
If you are able, please take advantage of these opportunities scheduled during national Nontraditional Student Recognition Week!
- Jessica Rosencrans, Adult Re-Entry Coordinator, Student Success Center
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- (editor's pick)Symposium on the Canadian Arctic (1 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Men's Golf at Arkansas State (10 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- Bookworms Book Club (10:30 AM)
- Tour of the Grand Forks Senior Center (11 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- CANCELLED: Your Game Plan: Healthy Changes (12:10 PM)
- Microsoft Digital Alliance (1 PM)
- Turbo Kick (4 PM)
- Cheap, Fast, and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series: Invictus (7 PM)
- Women's Basketball vs. Bemidji State (7 PM)
- Music Faculty Lecture Series (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Vivo & WE Chamber Players Concert (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:45 PM)