Free ADHD Screenings
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 10 AM - 8 PM
Center for Psychiatric Care Offers Free ADHD Screenings in October, ADHD Awareness Month.
October is National ADHD Awareness month. In light of this, the Center for Psychiatric Care (CPC) in Grand Forks is offering free ADHD screenings on October 22nd for anyone who may be exhibiting common signs of the disease.
Most people are diagnosed with ADHD as children between the ages of 6 and 7. Children may exhibit signs of ADHD earlier, but many of the signs may fall under the category of “normal” child behavior as they change so quickly at such young ages. It is possible to be diagnosed at an older age, but chances are the disease has been present since childhood. Parents and caregivers are encouraged to seek help if their child displays any of these common ADHD symptoms: Difficulty sustaining attention; Easily distracted; Poor listening skills; Excessive talking, fidgeting, or squirming; Difficulty waiting his or her turn; Frequently interrupting others.
Dr. Derek Carlson, Board Certified Child and Adolescent psychiatrist for CPC, is a specialist in ADHD diagnosis and treatment. “These symptoms are often just normal child behavior. If they are more frequent and more severe than in other children, then it’s time to do something. It’s also important to realize that children must display these symptoms in multiple settings. If they are only acting this way at school, but not at home or at grandma’s house, then we have to look at something else as the possible cause.”
Center for Psychiatric Care is offering these free 15 minute walk-in screenings on 10/22 from 10am to Noon, 1:30pm to 5, and 6:30pm to 8pm at CPC, located at 1451 44th Ave South, Unit A in Grand Forks. For more information, call 701-732-2500.
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Badminton Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Ultimate Frisbee Online Registration (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- Help Us Keep the Little Ones Warm! (8 AM)
- OSHA 10 Hour (8 AM)
- Purchasing Policies & Procedures (9 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Turbo Kick (4 PM)
- Cheap, Fast, and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series: Blue Like Jazz (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Arts & Culture: Beck's Songbook (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:45 PM)