Help Us Keep the Little Ones Warm!
Thursday, October 17, 2013 8 AM - 5 PM
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society for Nursing (STTI) has paired up with Gospel Outreach Ministries (GO) to hold a drive for families in our neighboring community Spirit Lake Nation reservation. We are asking that over the next week many of you will take time to go through your winter gear in your closets and bring donations to help us “Help Keep the Little Ones Warm”! This drive will include collecting gently used or new winter items of all shapes and sizes including hats, gloves, jackets, scarves etc. starting NOW THROUGH OCT.23rd! Bins to support this drive have been placed at the following areas:
• First floor of the nursing building
• Staff lounge in the nursing building
• Main entrance at the Memorial Union (starting Monday)
• Northern Plains Behavioral Research Center
If you would like a bin placed in another location please notify Kim Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org and this can be arranged in order to have greater participation from our college companions across campus!
On Saturday October 26th, members from GO will be bringing these items to Spirit Lake and offer a lunch and community fellowship including games for the children and a blood pressure screening. If you would like to participate in the distribution of these items more volunteer information can be obtained from Kim at the contact information listed above.
STTI Thanks You in Advance for the Support with this Great Opportunity!!!!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Basketball Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Soccer Online Registration (All Day)
- Specialty Group Exercise Registration (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Defensive Driving (8:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- FMLA & ADA (10 AM)
- Structural Equation Modeling: Confirmatory Factor Analysis (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Lunch & Learn (12 PM)
- Training Zone (12 PM)
- New to UND and Grand Forks – Join Us! (12 PM)
- GFPL Animaga Club (3 PM)
- ZUMBA (4 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: Microsoft Word (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Saudi Arabian Night (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (6:15 PM)
- SuperSmoothies (6:15 PM)
- A Good Yarn Knitting Group @ GFPL (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)Neighborhood 3: Requisition of Doom (7:30 PM)
- Wind Ensemble Concert (8 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Volleyball at Southern Utah (8 PM)