OSHA 30 Hour
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8 AM - 5 PM
Category: Class Event, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Monica Evavold 701.777.0384
Contact Dept: Environmental Training Institute
1015 N 43rd St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
In the construction industry, the high fatality rate can be avoided or reduced by taking the OSHA 30 hour construction course. The 30 hour OSHA training for the construction industry is a safety measure devised for foremen, field supervisors and directors.
Through this program, workers can attend 10-hour or 30-hour classes delivered by OSHA-authorized trainers. The 10-hour class is intended for entry level workers, while the 30-hour class is more appropriate for supervisors or workers with some safety responsibility. Through this training, OSHA helps to ensure that workers are more knowledgeable about workplace hazards and their rights, and contribute to our nation's productivity.
Other topics include:
Confined Space Entry
Fire Prevention & Protection
Safety & Health Programs
Signs, Signals & Barricades
Personal Protective Equipment
General Safety & Health Provisions
Reading & Interpreting MSDS's
High Visibility Worker Protection
Fall Protection and Ladders
Medical and 1st Aid
Hot Work in Construction
Powered Industrial Vehicles
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive an OSHA 30 hour course completion certification and their OSHA Card for the 30 Hour Construction Outreach Training Program.
09659 May 19-22, 2014, Grand Forks, ND
A group discount is available for companies with 10 or more employees attending the course. (Call to register) All fees must be paid prior to the start of the course.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Denim Day (All Day)
- Parking Ramp Maintenance (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF sessions (All Day)
- Aircraft Accident Investigation (8 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- *CANCELLED* Learning Environments & Student Engagement Series - Mobile Devices, Apps, and Open Education Resources (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Grand Forks Library Board Meeting (3 PM)
- Swim North Dakota (5:30 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)