(editor's pick)Arts & Culture: Beck's Songbook
Tuesday, October 22, 2013 7 PM
UND Arts and Culture Conference: Cultures of Curation
Tuesday, October 22, 2013
Beck - Songbook A concert featuring the UND Ensembles
Empire Arts Center
Reception 7:00 p.m.
Performance 8:00 p.m.
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Jennifer Preston - Visiting Artist Lecture
Merrifield 300, 10:00 a.m
Panel Discussion - Cultures of Curation
Memorial Union River Valley Room, 3:30 p.m.
Kevin Schreck - Persistence of Vision
Empire Arts Center
Screening 7:00 p.m.
Q & A with the director to follow
Thursday, October 24, 2013
David Pagel - Visiting Artist Lecture
Witmer 114, 11:00 a.m.
Kerri Miller - Visiting Artist Lecture
Memorial Union, Lecture Bowl, 3:30 p.m
Cultures of Curation Exhibition - Canon Fodder
Third Street Gallery on Kittson 7:00 p.m.
This year's conference is titled "Cultures of Curation" and will feature events that focus on the ways experts, communities, and citizens sort through the abundance of cultural objects and experiences made available by new media environments.
The conference involves and benefits from the support of the Department of Art & Design, the Communication Program, the Department of Music, and UND Art Collections. Additionally, the conference enjoys the generous support of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Myers Foundation.
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Badminton Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Ultimate Frisbee Online Registration (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Help Us Keep the Little Ones Warm! (8 AM)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- OSHA 10 Hour (8 AM)
- Free ADHD Screenings (10 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Turbo Kick (4 PM)
- Cheap, Fast, and Healthy (5:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Global Visions Film Series: Blue Like Jazz (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Hip Hop (8:45 PM)