Arts & Culture: Jennifer Preston
Wednesday, October 23, 2013 10 AM
UND Arts and Culture Conference: Cultures of Curation
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Jennifer Preston - Visiting Artist Lecture
Merrifield 300, 10:00 a.m
Panel Discussion - Cultures of Curation
Memorial Union River Valley Room, 3:30 p.m.
Kevin Schreck - Persistence of Vision
Empire Arts Center
Screening 7:00 p.m.
Q & A with the director to follow
Thursday, October 24, 2013
David Pagel - Visiting Artist Lecture
Witmer 114, 11:00 a.m.
Kerri Miller - Visiting Artist Lecture
Memorial Union, Lecture Bowl, 3:30 p.m
Cultures of Curation Exhibition - Canon Fodder
Third Street Gallery on Kittson 7:00 p.m.
This year's conference is titled "Cultures of Curation" and will feature events that focus on the ways experts, communities, and citizens sort through the abundance of cultural objects and experiences made available by new media environments.
The conference involves and benefits from the support of the Department of Art & Design, the Communication Program, the Department of Music, and UND Art Collections. Additionally, the conference enjoys the generous support of the College of Arts and Sciences and the Myers Foundation.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Day (All Day)
- Intramural Badminton Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Ultimate Frisbee Online Registration (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- Help Us Keep the Little Ones Warm! (8 AM)
- Running, Reading, & Reconciling Key Finance Reports in PeopleSoft (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Target Table at the Union (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Training Zone (12 PM)
- Structural Equation Modeling: Path Analysis (12 PM)
- New to UND and Grand Forks – Join Us! (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- Arts & Culture: Cultures of Curation Discussion (3:30 PM)
- Beginner Cycling (4 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Chilidog Cross Training Series (6 PM)
- Classic Re-Reads (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Arts & Culture: Persistence of Vision (7 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)