Smart Government: How Federal Investments Improve the Lives of North Dakotans
Wednesday, November 13, 2013 12:15 PM - 1:10 PM
Jasper Schneider will discuss how investments made by the federal government, through the agency department he runs, spur economic growth throughout North Dakota.
Schneider was appointed by President Obama to serve as North Dakota’s State Director for USDA Rural Development in 2009. In fiscal year 2012 alone, loans and grants from the department totaled in the hundreds of millions of dollars. These investments are often necessary for both private and public projects to move forward, as private lenders hesitate taking on risks without federal investment.
In short, without federal funds, many rural development projects would not exist.
Lunch will be provided by the American Constitution Society
*Non-permit holder parking at meters, Visitor Pay Lot, or Parking Ramp
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- International Education Week (8 AM)
- Essential Skills for Meaningful Supervision (8:30 AM)
- Northern Ink & NaNoWriMo Write In (9 AM)
- ND Industrial Commission Oil & Gas Division Hearing (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)Meet, Eat, & Learn (12 PM)
- 'The Round House' Seminar (12 PM)
- Training Zone (12 PM)
- Tri-College Career & Internship Fair (12 PM)
- International Education Week: Women's Center: Meet, Eat and Learn: World View of Women (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- Beginner Cycling (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Gorecki Alumni Center LEED Platinum Reception (4 PM)
- CANCELED: Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- Chilidog Cross Training Series (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Men's Basketball vs. Minnesota Morris (7 PM)
- DeLIGHTful Desserts (8 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)