(editor's pick)Artist Reception: Audrey Flack
Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:30 PM - 6 PM
Community Event, Culture, Concert / Live Music
Contact: David L. Dodds 701.777.5529
Contact Dept: University Relations
231 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Audrey Flack is slated to attend a reception in her honor from 4:30-6 p.m., in the UND Education Building, where her giant sculpture, Daphne, is now on display. An avid musician, Flack also is scheduled to play banjo and sing with Jeanne and Tom O'Neil, at 5 p.m., as part of the reception. UND President Robert Kelley will be on hand to provide introductions for Flack and the musicians.
Also, Flack's book Art and Soul will be available for purchase at the event.
Flack's visit to UND is supported by the Myers Foundations as part of the Department of Art & Design's Visiting Artist Series, according to Arthur Jones, chair of the department.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Intramural Badminton Online Registration (All Day)
- Intramural Indoor Ultimate Frisbee Online Registration (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Mold Assessment Technician (8 AM)
- On Teaching Breakfast Seminar (8:30 AM)
- Target Table at the Union (9 AM)
- Academic Advisor Workshops (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Training Zone (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers at Work (12:15 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Academic Advisor Workshops (3 PM)
- Beginner Cycling (4 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Chilidog Cross Training Series (6 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)