ND INBRE Undergraduate Research Symposium
Monday, November 4, 2013 9 AM - 4 PM
The fifth annual North Dakota INBRE Undergraduate Research Symposium is Monday, Nov. 4, at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks. ND INBRE is the North Dakota IDeA (Institutional Development Award) Network of Biomedical Research Excellence. The goal of ND INBRE is to build biomedical research capacity by serving research universities, baccalaureate institutions, and tribal colleges within the state.
The focus of the symposium is "Epigenetics — A New Center of Biomedical Research Excellence." Health and the environment are the focuses of research conducted under the ND INBRE program, which lends significant financial support to research projects at predominantly undergraduate institutions in the state. Information about the INBRE program can be found at http://ndinbre.org/.
The statewide INBRE network is administered by the School of Medicine and Health Sciences under the direction of Donald Sens, a professor in the Department of Pathology at UND.
The morning session of this year's symposium will be devoted to a series of presentations by UND scientists, who will outline the epigenetics-focused research that is pursued at UND's new epigenetics research center.
Morning session — 9 a.m. to noon
Epigenetics – A New Center of Biomedical Research Excellence
- Presentations by Drs. Joyce Ohm, Sergei Nechaev, Archana Dhasarathy, and Lucia Carvelli.
- Epigenetics – A New Center of Biomedical Research Excellence
Afternoon Session — 1:30 to 4 p.m.
- Research Poster Presentations, highlighting research by undergraduates from Dickinson State University, Minot State University, Mayville State University, Valley City State University, Cankdeska Cikana Community College, Turtle Mountain Community College, the University of North Dakota and North Dakota State University.
"INBRE provides a broad range of benefits in biomedical research and science education encompassing research universities, baccalaureate institutions and tribal colleges across North Dakota," said Sens.
Other Events on This Day
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- Cancelled: Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Nontraditional Student Recognition Week (8 AM)
- Blackboard Learning Session (9 AM)
- Men's Golf at Arkansas State (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Marketing & Communications AVP candidate presentation (2 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Madelyne Camrud Poetry Reading (5 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Transfer of Memory Opening reception (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)American Indian Film Festival (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- Steel Pan Concert (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Steel Pan Ensemble (8 PM)
- SuperSmoothies (8 PM)