(editor's pick)Madelyne Camrud Poetry Reading
Monday, November 4, 2013 5 PM
The University of North Dakota Department of English is proud to host a poetry reading by Madelyne Camrud to celebrate the publication of “Oddly Beautiful,” a collection of her poems. The reading will take place at 5 p.m., Monday, Nov. 4, in 121 Merrifield Hall, on the UND campus.
Her poems have appeared in numerous journals, including Kalliope, Painted Bride Quarterly, Descant, Soundings East, Water-Stone Review and in the anthologies Prairie Volcano and The Talking of Hands.
Camrud earned a bachelor’s degree in visual arts and a master’s degree in English at UND.
Before taking a position at the North Dakota Museum of Art, Camrud taught in the UND Department of English. She has served as director of Audience Development at the North Dakota Museum of Art, and has curated the museum’s auctions.
Camrud is the author of “The House is Filled with Cracks,” a “Minnesota Voices” prize winner in poetry, published by New Rivers Press in 1994. Two of her poems were chosen to air on Garrison Keillor's Writers Almanac. In the spring of 2004, North Dakota Poet Laureate Larry Woiwode named Camrud an associate poet laureate of North Dakota.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- Cancelled: Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Nontraditional Student Recognition Week (8 AM)
- Blackboard Learning Session (9 AM)
- ND INBRE Undergraduate Research Symposium (9 AM)
- Men's Golf at Arkansas State (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Marketing & Communications AVP candidate presentation (2 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Transfer of Memory Opening reception (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)American Indian Film Festival (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- SuperSmoothies (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Steel Pan Ensemble (8 PM)
- Steel Pan Concert (8 PM)