(editor's pick)Olafson Ethics Symposium
Thursday, November 7, 2013 7 PM
The College of Business & Public Administration will host the 2013 Olafson Ethics Symposium on Thursday, Nov. 7, at 7 p.m. at the Gorecki Alumni Center.
This event is designed to engage students, alumni, and local business leaders in conversations regarding ethical decisions a person must make. Keynote speaker Christopher Bauer will bring a unique a unique and fresh perspective to professional ethics.
As a clinical psychologist, business owner, and business consultant, Bauer has seen the decision-making process from every angle. He has over 25 years of experience in the field, and has identified what helps employees make the right decisions instead of the wrong ones. In addition to speaking and consulting, Dr. Bauer publishes a “Weekly Ethics Thought” that is read by thousands of subscribers from around the globe. His latest book, Better Ethics NOW: How To Avoid the Ethics Disaster You Never Saw Coming, has been a business top seller’ on Amazon.
The symposium is free and open to the public. Following the keynote presentation will be a dessert reception. This annual event is funded through the support of UND alumnus Robert Olafson in support of his dedication to ethical business practices and UND.
Other Events on This Day
- Soccer at Big Sky Conference Tournament (All Day)
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)Nontraditional Student Recognition Week (8 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Coffee, Cookies & Conversation (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Training Zone (12 PM)
- OmniUpdate Training – Advanced (1:30 PM)
- Research North Dakota Open Forum (1:30 PM)
- Marilyn Martin Retirement Reception (2:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (4 PM)
- University Senate Meeting (4:05 PM)
- GFPL Basic Computer Class: Intro to Comptures (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Classic Rock Cycle (6:15 PM)
- American Indian Film Festival (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- Yoga Strength (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)