Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Training
Monday, November 4, 2013 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
The UND Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program is a fun and rewarding experience to help out Grand Forks community.
VITA is hosted by PILSA (Public Interest Law Association). VITA offers free tax help to people who make $51,000 or less and need assistance in preparing their own tax returns.
VITA begins prepaing taxes when tax season begins in February, but training sessions for volunteers begins in November.
Anyone can volunteer, so come and invite a friend.
You will be taught everything you need to know to prepare a basic tax return. At each session, we will do hands-on training in the Taxwise software, which is the software that will be used to prepare taxes.
The November training sessions will be Monday, November 4th, 11th, and 18th from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
The training sessions will be in the lower level computer lab of the Student Union.
If you have ant questions please contact Angela Beason, PILSA VITA Representative at Ang.Beason@gmail.com.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking and Transportation Services, 3925 Campus Rd Stop 9030 (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday).
Other Events on This Day
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- Cancelled: Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Nontraditional Student Recognition Week (8 AM)
- ND INBRE Undergraduate Research Symposium (9 AM)
- Blackboard Learning Session (9 AM)
- Men's Golf at Arkansas State (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Marketing & Communications AVP candidate presentation (2 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Madelyne Camrud Poetry Reading (5 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Transfer of Memory Opening reception (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)American Indian Film Festival (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- Steel Pan Concert (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Steel Pan Ensemble (8 PM)
- SuperSmoothies (8 PM)