Marketing & Communications AVP candidate presentation
Monday, November 4, 2013 2 PM - 3:30 PM
Special Event, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Jenny Le Texier 701.777.2038
Contact Dept: VP for University & Public Affairs
Memorial Union Lecture Bowl
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Mark Danes, Director of Marketing at The Citadel in Charleston, S.C., and a candidate for the position of Associate Vice President for Marketing & Communications, will present at an open forum from 2 to 3:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 4, in the Lecture Bowl. He has been asked to identify a marketing concern at UND and develop a new strategic marketing campaign to address that concern. The 30- to 45-minute presentation will be followed by questions from the audience.
Mr. Danes has been Director of Marketing at the Citadel since 2009. Previous positions include Director of Public Affairs at New York University Medical Center, Director of Development & Marketing at Broadwater Academy, and Director of Corporate Affairs for McGraw Hill Companies. He has also worked in corporate communications and media relations for Thomson Learning and in public relations and curriculum marketing for Walden University/Sylvan Learning System. He has extensive consulting experience. He earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Humanities and Theater Arts from State University of New York, Purchase College, and a Master of Science in Project Management from The Citadel. He is a Certified Project Management Professional.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Cans For Fines (The Nancy Gardner Memorial Food Drive) (All Day)
- Cancelled: Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Nontraditional Student Recognition Week (8 AM)
- ND INBRE Undergraduate Research Symposium (9 AM)
- Blackboard Learning Session (9 AM)
- Men's Golf at Arkansas State (10 AM)
- French Club Food and Toiletries Drive (10 AM)
- UND Art Collections Exhibition (12 PM)
- Tabata (4:15 PM)
- Boot Camp with Billy (5 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Madelyne Camrud Poetry Reading (5 PM)
- Turbo Kick (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Transfer of Memory Opening reception (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)American Indian Film Festival (7 PM)
- enCORE (7:15 PM)
- Steel Pan Concert (8 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Steel Pan Ensemble (8 PM)
- SuperSmoothies (8 PM)