NEW! What is Behavioral Addiction?
Wednesday, January 8, 2014 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
The compulsion to repeatedly engage in an action until it causes negative consequences to a person’s physical, mental, social and financial well-being is considered by some as an addition. However, not everyone subscribes to this, and debates are ongoing amongst laymen and professionals about behaviors being addictive. This presentation will address both sides of the issue, identify addictive behaviors and discuss intervention strategies.
Presenter: Chuck Motis
U2 sessions are open to UND faculty and staff only.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Denim Day (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Grand Forks Civil/Employment Mediation Seminar (8 AM)
- Asbestos Inspector / Management Planner (8 AM)
- Asbestos Inspector Initial (8 AM)
- NEW! Mentorship (8:30 AM)
- Money Management (9:30 AM)
- Protect from Identity Theft (11 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Performance Evaluation Tips for Supervisors (2 PM)
- Power Cycle (4 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)