Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Health & Wellness
Contact: Laura Ahmed 701.777.2719
Contact Dept: UND Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Studio 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Swing dancing is a fun, high intensity workout that combines flexibility, strength, and especially cardiovascular activity into a fully synergistic workout. Dancers will participate in a fun and social environment while getting a great workout at the same time. The class will dance to classic swing music from the era and brand new swing music from current popular artists. All skill levels are welcome for the Beginners Swing. No prior dance experience is needed.
Class is held on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. (60 minutes).
For safety reasons, this class is limited to 50 participants. Participation is first-come-first-serve.
Group Exercise classes are free for Wellness Center members!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Bakken Shale Oil Conference (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Asbestos Project Design Refresher (8 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- OU Advanced Training Session (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Valentine Card & Cookie Decorating (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Meet, Eat, & Learn (12 PM)
- Panel Discussion: The Value of an Internship (12 PM)
- "Who Done It?" Book Club (12 PM)
- Student Initiative Internship Panel (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- NEW! Do you have protection? (for your Skin) (12:10 PM)
- Career Fair Success Workshop (12:30 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Management Department Employer/Student Panel & Networking (3:30 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help Evening Edition (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Studies Speaker Series (6:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)A Global and Historical View on the North Dakota Man Camps (7 PM)
- ZUMBA® (7:15 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)