Wednesday, March 5, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Health & Wellness
Contact: Laura Ahmed 701.777.2719
Contact Dept: UND Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Studio 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Swing dancing is a fun, high intensity workout that combines flexibility, strength, and especially cardiovascular activity into a fully synergistic workout. Dancers will participate in a fun and social environment while getting a great workout at the same time. The class will dance to classic swing music from the era and brand new swing music from current popular artists. All skill levels are welcome for the Beginners Swing. No prior dance experience is needed.
Class is held on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. (60 minutes).
For safety reasons, this class is limited to 50 participants. Participation is first-come-first-serve.
Group Exercise classes are free for Wellness Center members!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- National Health Through Fitness Day (All Day)
- Denim Day (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Yoga Renewal (8 AM)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Refresher (8 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Meet, Eat and Learn (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- CANCELLED - Defensive Driving (12:30 PM)
- Facebook Security & Privacy – Best Practices (1 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Healthy Lifestyles in Older Adults (3 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- Faculty Show Opening Reception (4 PM)
- T.A.B. @ The Grand Forks Public Library (4 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Socrates Cafe (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help Evening Edition (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- Introduction to Ceramics (6:30 PM)
- Freedom Barrel: North Dakota Voices on Feminism and Sexism (7 PM)
- Bakkenization: 300 Years of Globalizing Frontiers in ND (7 PM)
- ZUMBA® (7:15 PM)
- Duo Junior Trumpet Recital (8 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)