(editor's pick)Sweetheart Ski
Friday, February 14, 2014 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event, Holiday
Contact: Laci Prucinsky 701.594.4445
Turtle River State Park Chalet/Warming House
22 Miles West of Grand Forks on Hwy 2
Arvilla, ND 58202
The ambience of a full moon, silver snow, sleeping trees, Valentine’s Day, and you. Bring your sweetheart, and your skis, out to Turtle River State Park’s Sweetheart Ski, Friday, February 14 from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Kids are welcome to enjoy healthy finger foods and craft activities in the Chalet/Warming House while their parents ski.
If you don’t have skis, join us anyway. The Ski & Bike Shop from Grand Forks will have skis, boots, and poles available onsite to borrow.
Registration for this event is required; $2 per person. Please contact Turtle River State Park at (701) 594-4445 between 8:00am to 5:00pm, 7 days a week to register. Registration closes Tuesday, February 11, 2014.
Event supported in part by the Ski & Bike Shop.
For ski trail grooming status contact the park, or visit North Dakota Parks and Recreation website: (www.parkrec.nd.gov/activities/skiing.html). During the snow season the Chalet/Warming House is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., 7 days a week.
For more information, call (701) 594-4445, or find us at www.parkrec.nd.gov. Turtle River State Park is 22 miles west of Grand Forks, North Dakota, on Highway 2.
Other Events on This Day
- Men's Track & Field at Iowa State Classic (All Day)
- Breakfast Chat Fridays (9 AM)
- Energy Industry Lecture (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Soup Fridays at AISS (11:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)UND Fan Luncheon (11:30 AM)
- Women's Track & Field at Iowa State Classic (12 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- Clark Gebhard Farewell Reception (3 PM)
- Children's Chess Club (3:45 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- Speed Dating (6:30 PM)
- Men's Hockey vs. Miami (7:05 PM)
- Dearly Departed (7:30 PM)