Introduction to Ceramics
Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Category: Class Event
Contact: Patricia Young 701.777.4894
Contact Dept: Office of Extended Learning
Hughes Fine Arts
3350 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This event has been canceled.
If you want to spark your creativity using clay, this is the course for you! This course is an introduction to clay as a medium for making functional and sculptural objects. Like steel, bronze, fabric, paper or any other material, clay is a material with its own characteristics, history and context.
This course will introduce you to:
- constructing clay vessel forms/sculptural vessel forms using hand building and the potter's wheel, and
- glazing and firing techniques.
You will quickly become aware that clay can create a vast number of surface textures and is a very easy material to mold and shape. Using the techniques and methods you will be shown, and through instructor guidance, you will create your own finished works of art!
NOTE: This class is not for academic credit.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Public Hearing - Public Service Commission (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Yoga Renewal (8 AM)
- Asbestos Project Design (8 AM)
- Dysfunction to Development: A Team Approach (8:30 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Spring Career Fair - Engineering, Technology and Aerospace Majors (11 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Grand Forks Library Board Meeting (3 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Employer/Student Meet and Greet (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help Evening Edition (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- ZUMBA® (7:15 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)