Introduction to Ceramics
Wednesday, March 5, 2014 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Category: Class Event
Contact: Patricia Young 701.777.4894
Contact Dept: Office of Extended Learning
Hughes Fine Arts
3350 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This event has been canceled.
If you want to spark your creativity using clay, this is the course for you! This course is an introduction to clay as a medium for making functional and sculptural objects. Like steel, bronze, fabric, paper or any other material, clay is a material with its own characteristics, history and context.
This course will introduce you to:
- constructing clay vessel forms/sculptural vessel forms using hand building and the potter's wheel, and
- glazing and firing techniques.
You will quickly become aware that clay can create a vast number of surface textures and is a very easy material to mold and shape. Using the techniques and methods you will be shown, and through instructor guidance, you will create your own finished works of art!
NOTE: This class is not for academic credit.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Denim Day (All Day)
- National Health Through Fitness Day (All Day)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Refresher (8 AM)
- Yoga Renewal (8 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Meet, Eat and Learn (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Facebook Security & Privacy – Best Practices (1 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Healthy Lifestyles in Older Adults (3 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- Teen Cafe` @ The Grand Forks Public Library (4 PM)
- Faculty Show Opening Reception (4 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Socrates Cafe (5:30 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- Bakkenization: 300 Years of Globalizing Frontiers in ND (7 PM)
- Freedom Barrel: North Dakota Voices on Feminism and Sexism (7 PM)
- ZUMBA® (7:15 PM)
- Duo Junior Trumpet Recital (8 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)