Introduction to Ceramics
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 6:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Category: Class Event
Contact: Patricia Young 701.777.4894
Contact Dept: Office of Extended Learning
Hughes Fine Arts
3350 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This event has been canceled.
If you want to spark your creativity using clay, this is the course for you! This course is an introduction to clay as a medium for making functional and sculptural objects. Like steel, bronze, fabric, paper or any other material, clay is a material with its own characteristics, history and context.
This course will introduce you to:
- constructing clay vessel forms/sculptural vessel forms using hand building and the potter's wheel, and
- glazing and firing techniques.
You will quickly become aware that clay can create a vast number of surface textures and is a very easy material to mold and shape. Using the techniques and methods you will be shown, and through instructor guidance, you will create your own finished works of art!
NOTE: This class is not for academic credit.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- 45th Annual UND Writers Conference: "Imagine: A Literary Festival on the Prairie" (All Day)
- UND Baseball vs Minnesota Crookston (2 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Refresher (8 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- Yoga Renewal (10 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Meet, Eat, & Learn (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Softball at Northern Illinois (2 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Reading by Jessica Lott (4 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- Teen Cafe` @ The Grand Forks Public Library (4 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- Foreign Service Info Session (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Reading by Geoff Dyer (8 PM)
- Swing Dance (8:30 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)