NEW! A Blueprint for a Successful Job Search at UND
Friday, March 7, 2014 9 AM - 10:30 AM
Category: Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Heather Kohlman 701.777.0762
Contact Dept: Learning and Development
Memorial Union Lecture Bowl
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
This session will educate current UND employees on how to be more prepared for a job search within the university. We will discuss what to look for in a job posting, how to submit the application, and design a position specific cover letter and resume. We will share how to prepare for an interview. You will learn to anticipate an interviewer’s questions, to answer without offering too much information, and to ASK questions at the interview. Additionally, we will discuss what process is followed when Human Resources screens application materials when reviewing a closed recruitment.
Presenters: Joy Johnson & Peggy Varber
U2 sessions are open to UND staff and faculty only.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- OSHA Confined Space (8 AM)
- Breakfast Chat Fridays (9 AM)
- (editor's pick)UND Fan Luncheon (11:30 AM)
- Softball at Wichita State Tournament (12 PM)
- (editor's pick)International Women's Day panel (12 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- IRB Meeting (2 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3:15 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- UND Baseball at Saint Louis (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)Hockey Watch Party (7:30 PM)
- Men's Hockey vs. Western Michigan (7:35 PM)