(editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Presentation by Sarah Leavitt
Thursday, April 3, 2014 4 PM - 5 PM
Join us at the 45th Annual UND Writers Conference for a presentation by Sarah Leavitt on Thursday, April 3, 2014 at 4 p.m. at the North Dakota Museum of Art.
Sarah Leavitt's first book, Tangles: A Story About Alzheimer’s, My Mother, and Me, a graphic memoir, has been published in Canada, the US, UK, and Germany to international critical acclaim (LA Times, Vanity Fair, Globe and Mail, The Guardian). Her prose and comics have appeared in anthologies, magazines and newspapers in Canada, the US and the UK.
Sarah holds an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of British Columbia, but is largely self-taught as an artist and cartoonist. She has taught workshops, developed an introductory university course on comics, and read from her work at numerous festivals.
Sarah is currently working on her next book, a graphic novel set in mid-nineteenth-century British Columbia. More at www.sarahleavitt.com.
For the complete schedule and more information, see our website at www.undwritersconference.org.
All UND Writers Conference events are free and open to the public. Free parking is available.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- 45th Annual UND Writers Conference: "Imagine: A Literary Festival on the Prairie" (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- (editor's pick)North Dakota State Science & Engineering Fair (8 AM)
- Lead Renovator Initial (8 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Biomedical Graduate Student Luncheon (12 PM)
- Softball at Indiana State (12 PM)
- Marijuana and Federalism: Current Conflicts in State and Federal Law (12:20 PM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Softball at Indiana State (2 PM)
- Coffee Break Yoga (2:30 PM)
- CrossCycle (4 PM)
- Tabata I (4:15 PM)
- Tabata II (5 PM)
- GFPL Animanga Club (6 PM)
- Helen Hamilton Day Dinner (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- WAR (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Robert Pinsky and the UND Jazz Ensemble (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Gentle Yoga (8:30 PM)