70 & Better
Saturday, March 29, 2014 7:30 PM - 8:30 PM
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event, Theater Event
Contact: Kathleen Coudle-King 701.746.8071
Contact Dept: Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre
Fire Hall Theater
412 2nd Avenue North
Grand Forks, ND 58201
Six girls, ages 10-17, interviewed six women, ages 73-93, about their lives. Join us as the Greater Grand Forks Community Theatre brings these women's lives to the stage. Monologues based on their adventures will be recreated by local actresses and video created by Tim Oneal of the actual women will be screened. Join us for this very special Women's History event as we celebrate the stories of local women. The subjects include: Tamar Read (written by Jenna Muiderman), Anna Walker (written by Rosie MacDonald), Lois Kinney (written by Sophie Glessner), Lois Wilde (written by Zoe Jiran), Jean Keagan (written by Shaylee Kkrosa), and Inez Mosteau (written by Kathryn Rutz). An additional piece was written based on family documents about Mary Williams, written by Kathy Coudle-King.
Proceeds of the event will go toward next season's Senior Theatre programming.
This event is sponsored in part by the EGF/GF Community Foundation's Women's Fund and the UND Women Center.
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- NDSGC Educator Workshop (8:30 AM)
- (editor's pick)MOA Family Day (10 AM)
- Power Cycle (11 AM)
- NASA in the Classroom - Educator Workshop (11 AM)
- Softball at Portland State (12 PM)
- Tabata I (12:15 PM)
- UND Baseball vs. Northern Colorado (1 PM)
- Opera Double-Bill: Dr. Miracle & Trial By Jury (7 PM)
- Miss Grand Forks' CMN Charity Concert (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Comedian Brian O'sullivan (9 PM)