Thursday, April 24, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:15 PM
Health & Wellness
Contact: Laura Ahmed 701.777.2719
Contact Dept: UND Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Studio 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Gentle Yoga is a class structured around rejuvenating and healing the body. Yoga props such as blankets, blocks, and straps are often used for safe practice. Props allow the body to fully achieve each position comfortably. The basic principles of alignment and technique will be introduced, while slowly stretching and strengthening the body. This class is held at a slower pace and focuses on stretching all areas of the body, while releasing stress and tension from joints and muscles.
Class is held on Tuesday & Thursday at 8:30 p.m. (45 minutes).
For safety reasons, this class is limited to 40 participants. Participation is first-come-first-serve.
Group Exercise classes are free for Wellness Center members!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Professional Capital--Leadership for the Transformation of Teaching in Every School (7 AM)
- HAZWOPER 40-hr (8 AM)
- HAZWOPER 8-hr Refresher (8 AM)
- NEW! Tour the Information Technologies Building (8 AM)
- Men's Golf at America Sky Championship (10 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- NEW! Tour the Information Technologies Building (10 AM)
- AMAZON.COM Mini-Job Fair (10 AM)
- NEW! Tour the Information Technologies Building (1 PM)
- Coffee Break Yoga (2:30 PM)
- Lawyering Skills Moot Court Festival Final Round (3 PM)
- CrossCycle (4 PM)
- Tabata I (4:15 PM)
- Tabata II (5 PM)
- Friends of the Grand Forks Public Library Book Sale (5 PM)
- Intro to Windows 8 (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- WAR (7:15 PM)
- Last of the Boys (7:30 PM)
- Wind Ensemble Concert (8 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)