Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Health & Wellness
Contact: Laura Ahmed 701.777.2719
Contact Dept: UND Wellness Center
Wellness Center Group Exercise Studio 272/274
801 Princeton St.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Swing dancing is a fun, high intensity workout that combines flexibility, strength, and especially cardiovascular activity into a fully synergistic workout. Dancers will participate in a fun and social environment while getting a great workout at the same time. The class will dance to classic swing music from the era and brand new swing music from current popular artists. All skill levels are welcome for the Beginners Swing. No prior dance experience is needed.
Class is held on Wednesday at 8:30 p.m. (60 minutes).
For safety reasons, this class is limited to 50 participants. Participation is first-come-first-serve.
Group Exercise classes are free for Wellness Center members!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- 45th Annual UND Writers Conference: "Imagine: A Literary Festival on the Prairie" (All Day)
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- UND Baseball vs Minnesota Crookston (2 AM)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Morning Reformer Pilates (6:15 AM)
- Wake Up & Cycle (6:30 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Refresher (8 AM)
- Walk-in Wednesday (9 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Yoga Renewal (10 AM)
- Meet, Eat, & Learn (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Coffee, Cookies, & Conversation (1:30 PM)
- Softball at Northern Illinois (2 PM)
- Teen Cafe` @ The Grand Forks Public Library (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Reading by Jessica Lott (4 PM)
- ViPR (4 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- CycleFit (5 PM)
- Foreign Service Info Session (5 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- Introduction to Ceramics (6:30 PM)
- ZUMBA (7:15 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Writers Conference: Reading by Geoff Dyer (8 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)