(editor's pick)NASA in the Classroom - Educator Workshop
Friday, March 28, 2014 11 AM - 3:30 PM
Contact: Caitlin Nolby 701.777.4856
Contact Dept: Space Grant Consortium
Skalicky Tech Incubator 211
4300 James Ray Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Friday and Saturday (March 28th and 29th), the North Dakota Space Grant Consortium will be holding a workshop for K-12 educators on incorporating hands-on space lessons in the classroom. These are based on various NASA resources and will include an overview of Next Generation Science Standards as well. Teachers will leave with resources and lesson plans in hand (as well as plenty of NASA goodies for the classroom)!
Participants can register to receive 1 professional development credit for the workshop, meals are provided, and travel reimbursement is available to North Dakota teachers! This is open to both pre-service and in-service teachers.
This is a great opportunity for educators to modify existing lesson plans, and to take home ready-made resources to implement the activities in the classroom. The workshop will also include immersive learning in a planetarium, tour of the space suits, rover, habitat, and spacecraft simulators, and learning about meteorites, looking through an actual collection of space rocks!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Kujenga Registration (12 AM)
- Learning Environments & Student Engagement Series - Blackboard Collaborate - Engages Everyone, Every Time, Everywhere (9 AM)
- Continental Resources Campus Takeover (10:30 AM)
- NDSGC Educator Workshop (11 AM)
- Healthy UND Monthly Meeting (12 PM)
- Softball at Portland State (12 PM)
- CoBPA Faculty Research Seminar Series (12 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12 PM)
- UND Baseball vs. Northern Colorado (1 PM)
- Softball at Portland State (2 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3:15 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Physics & Astrophysics Colloquium (4 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- Opera Double-Bill: Dr. Miracle & Trial By Jury (7 PM)
- (editor's pick)Hypnotist Chris Jones (9 PM)