(editor's pick)Comedian Jay Black
Friday, April 11, 2014 9 PM - 10 PM
Community Event, Clubs / Nightlife, Comedy
Contact: Kristina LeMire 612.867.2239
Contact Dept: University Program Council
Memorial Union Loading Dock
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
UPC After Dark is hosting comdian Jay Black. Jay is an ex teacher, now stand up comedian. Since then, he has headlined at close to 300 colleges, scoring three nominations and one win as the nation's top college comedian.
He has appeared as a comic on Showtime, A&E, Fox, the CBC, and NBC. Jay has also performed at some of the most prestigious clubs in the country, from the Comedy Stop at the Tropicana in Atlantic City to the world famous Los Angeles Improv.
Jay has opened for several celebrity comedians, including Joel McHale, Carlos Menica, D.L. Hughley, Sinbad, Bobcat Goldthwait, and Christopher Titus.
In 2010, Jay was given the opportunity to work with the US Army on the "I Am Strong" tour, traveling overseas to entertain the troops.
He's met equal success as a writer, selling his first screenplay in 2008 and working heavily as one of Hollywood's most sought-after "punch-up" writers, making your favorite movies even funnier.
Jay's comedy is funny for two reasons: 1. he's a keen observer of the absurd and 2. he's desperate to never have to go back and teach again!
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Last Day to Drop or Withdraw (All Day)
- Last Day to Change to or from S/U Grading (All Day)
- Women's Track & Field at Bison Classic (All Day)
- Men's Track & Field at Bison Classic (All Day)
- National Public Health Week (8 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Initial (8 AM)
- (editor's pick)Empowering Nations Through Dakota Traditions (10 AM)
- EHD Research Fair (10 AM)
- AISES STEM Conference (11 AM)
- Indian Studies Association's Silent Auction (11 AM)
- Softball vs. Weber State (12 PM)
- Crock Pot Cooking (12:30 PM)
- Susan Allen Lecture (1 PM)
- Softball vs. Weber State (2 PM)
- UND Baseball vs. New Mexico State (2 PM)
- Economic Seminar Series (3 PM)
- Tatjyana Richards Farewell Reception (3 PM)
- Yoga Renewal (3:15 PM)
- Between Cycling & Me (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Physics & Astrophysics Colloquium (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Queso For CASA (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)ArtSee (4:30 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)44th UND Indian Association Time-out Wacipi (7 PM)
- Meditation Center Talk (7 PM)
- UND Theatre presents "Rumors" (7:30 PM)
- Guest Horn Recital (8 PM)