National Public Health Week
Thursday, April 10, 2014 8 AM - 6 PM
Health & Wellness
Contact: Tanis Hastmann 701.777.2994
Contact Dept: Department of Kinesiology & Public Health Education
Memorial Union And UND Wellness Center
2901 University Ave.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Help us celebrate National Public Health Week at UND:
Events on campus during National Public Health Week:
APRIL 7th, 10am-2pm: Healthy eating booth at the Union sponsored by the UND Public Health Association. Free food, drawing for gift certificate to Amazing Grains.
APRIL 8, 4-6pm: Come climb the rock wall at the UND Wellness Center with public health students! Get active and meet new people. Everyone welcome!
APRIL 9, 10am-2pm: Learn about the importance of sleep with public health students. Visit the nap room in the President’s Room of the Union. Free giveaways, and a drawing for a new pillow!
All week long:
Check out the public health display in window E of the Union
Keep your eyes peeled for the red “This is Public Health” stickers all around campus, and realize how much public health is a part of our lives
Sponsored by the Master of Public Health Program, Kinesiology & Public Health Education department and the UND Public Health Association.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Initial (8 AM)
- Frank Low Research Day (8 AM)
- McNair Program Research Presentations (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Spring Grad Expo (11 AM)
- Indian Studies Association's Silent Auction (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Coloring Rainbows Outside the Reservation Lines (12 PM)
- Federalist Society Member Meeting (12:20 PM)
- (editor's pick)Singer/Hoop Dancer Jackie Bird (1:30 PM)
- Coffee Break Yoga (2:30 PM)
- Crystal Rofkahr Doctoral Examination (3 PM)
- Michelle Wright Doctoral Examination (3 PM)
- CrossCycle (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Dance Presentation "Powwow 101" (4 PM)
- Tabata I (4:15 PM)
- Art Lecture (4:30 PM)
- Tabata II (5 PM)
- Journey to Brazil: Sharing Indigenous Knowledge (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Hagerty Lecture (7 PM)
- WAR (7:15 PM)
- UND Theatre presents "Rumors" (7:30 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Gentle Yoga (8:30 PM)