Frank Low Research Day
Thursday, April 10, 2014 8 AM - 4:30 PM
Lectures / Seminars, Conferences
Contact: Denis MacLeod 701.777.2733
Contact Dept: School of Medicine and Health Sciences
School of Medicine and Health Sciences Reed Keller Lecture Hall
Clinical Education Center
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The School of Medicine & Health Sciences will hold the 34th Annual Frank N. Low Research Day from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, April 10, in the Reed Keller Lecture Hall at the School of Medicine & Health Sciences. Keynote speaker is Andrew D. Badley, Mayo Clinic and College of Medicine, Rochester, Minn. The event is open to the public. All are welcome to attend.
Frank Low Research Day provides a forum where faculty and students can be exposed to the latest research interests and activities of their colleagues. Held for the first time in the spring of 1981, Research Day was dedicated in the name of Frank N. Low upon his retirement as a gesture of recognition for his contributions to research at the School of Medicine & Health Sciences.
From 8 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., faculty as well as graduate, health sciences, and medical students will be available to discuss their research at the posters presentation in the Vennes Atrium.
Joshua Wynne, UND vice president for health affairs and dean of the UND School of Medicine and Health Sciences, will deliver the opening remarks at noon in the Reed Keller Lecture Hall.
From 12:15 to 1:15 p.m., keynote speaker Andrew D. Badley will present his address "Translational approaches to curing HIV Infection." At Mayo Clinic, Badley is a professor of medicine and consultant in the Division of Infectious Diseases; associate director of the Research Resources component of the Center for Translational Science Activities; and theme leader for infectious disease research on the Research Development Council, an internal Mayo committee.
Frank Low invited talks by faculty and graduate students are from 1:30 to 4:15 p.m. Poster awards will be announced at 4:15 p.m.
For a biography of Frank Low, please visit http://bit.ly/OebDCd.
Other Events on This Day
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Lead Risk Assessor Initial (8 AM)
- National Public Health Week (8 AM)
- McNair Program Research Presentations (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Spring Grad Expo (11 AM)
- Indian Studies Association's Silent Auction (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)Coloring Rainbows Outside the Reservation Lines (12 PM)
- Federalist Society Member Meeting (12:20 PM)
- (editor's pick)Singer/Hoop Dancer Jackie Bird (1:30 PM)
- Coffee Break Yoga (2:30 PM)
- Crystal Rofkahr Doctoral Examination (3 PM)
- Michelle Wright Doctoral Examination (3 PM)
- CrossCycle (4 PM)
- (editor's pick)Dance Presentation "Powwow 101" (4 PM)
- Tabata I (4:15 PM)
- Art Lecture (4:30 PM)
- Tabata II (5 PM)
- Journey to Brazil: Sharing Indigenous Knowledge (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- Hagerty Lecture (7 PM)
- WAR (7:15 PM)
- UND Theatre presents "Rumors" (7:30 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- Gentle Yoga (8:30 PM)