Alice Animation Intro Camp
Wednesday, July 9, 2014 1 PM - 4 PM
Cost: See website
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Brenda Dufault 701.777.0841
Contact Dept: Summer Programs and Events Coordinator
3950 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Alice is a computer program that makes creating a virtual world to tell a story or play a game easy. Drag-and-drop graphics make programming a snap for any age. Programming with Alice allows the camper to focus on the content and creativity of the story, which helps develop problem solving skills.
The Alice program allows the camper to select from hundreds of objects - people, animals, furniture, and vehicles, to name just a few. During camp they will learn how to move objects or parts of objects -- people walk, planes fly and dragons flap their wings. The program also allows for interaction among the objects such as people can "talk" using text or sound, a plane can be controlled by the user, and a dragon can find the knight. Movies can be made once the project is complete.
As part of the camp, each child will receive a t-shirt, a certificate of completion, a CD containing the most current version of the Alice program, and numerous tutorial files to use at home to create more virtual worlds. Alice is a free program that works on both Apple and Windows computers. It was initially developed by the late Randy Pausch of "The Last Lecture" fame. This product includes software developed by Carnegie Mellon University.
The camp is geared for children ages 9 - 14.
The cost for the intro camp is $110.00.
The cost for the advanced camp is $125.00
Registration is closed. This camp is full.
Other Events on This Day
- 31st Annual International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Soccer High School Girls' Individual Camp (All Day)
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- Summer Reading Camp (8 AM)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- Summer Storytime (10 AM)
- Burgers on the Boulevard (11 AM)
- (editor's pick)"Who Done It?" Book Club (12 PM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Emmanuel Adjei Boateng Doctoral Examination (3 PM)
- Zip Step Hustle (5 PM)
- Cardio Kick! (6 PM)
- Tabata I (7:15 PM)
- Night Ride (8 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)