Alice Animation Intro Camp
Thursday, July 10, 2014 1 PM - 4 PM
Cost: See website
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Brenda Dufault 701.777.0841
Contact Dept: Summer Programs and Events Coordinator
3950 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Alice is a computer program that makes creating a virtual world to tell a story or play a game easy. Drag-and-drop graphics make programming a snap for any age. Programming with Alice allows the camper to focus on the content and creativity of the story, which helps develop problem solving skills.
The Alice program allows the camper to select from hundreds of objects - people, animals, furniture, and vehicles, to name just a few. During camp they will learn how to move objects or parts of objects -- people walk, planes fly and dragons flap their wings. The program also allows for interaction among the objects such as people can "talk" using text or sound, a plane can be controlled by the user, and a dragon can find the knight. Movies can be made once the project is complete.
As part of the camp, each child will receive a t-shirt, a certificate of completion, a CD containing the most current version of the Alice program, and numerous tutorial files to use at home to create more virtual worlds. Alice is a free program that works on both Apple and Windows computers. It was initially developed by the late Randy Pausch of "The Last Lecture" fame. This product includes software developed by Carnegie Mellon University.
The camp is geared for children ages 9 - 14.
The cost for the intro camp is $110.00.
The cost for the advanced camp is $125.00
Registration is closed. This camp is full.
Other Events on This Day
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- Deadline: Thesis/Dissertation Preliminary Approval, Notice of Defense or Format Copy Submission (All Day)
- 31st Annual International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Soccer High School Girls' Individual Camp (All Day)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Note time Change: Kathy Newman Retirement Reception (1 PM)
- IRB Meeting (1:30 PM)
- (editor's pick)Summer Reading Program: Kids in the Kitchen (2 PM)
- CNPD Candidate Forum - Dan Benardot (3 PM)
- Insanity (5 PM)
- Basic Computer Class: Intro To Computers (6 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)