Lego® Robotic Intro Camp
Friday, June 27, 2014 9 AM - 12 PM
Cost: See website
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Brenda Dufault 701.777.0841
Contact Dept: Summer Programs and Events Coordinator
3950 Campus Rd.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
Lego® robots are easy and fun to program. The software used to program the robots was designed for grade school children so everyone will be able to get started right away The robots are powerful enough to be used in college robotic competitions.
There are several means of creating control programs to operate the robot, each with more power and complexity. As campers become more proficient at controlling their robot, there are programming tools designed to grow with him/her. Campers will learn how to control the robot to avoid obstacles, find, pick up and carry objects, and even compete in a Sum-style robot competition. The advanced camp is for students who have attended our introductory camp or have prior NXT™ experience.
The cScibot Lego® Robotic Camps will be held in various classrooms in the Computer Science Department located in Streibel Hall on the University of North Dakota campus.
Each camper will get an official cScibot camp t-shirt and certificate of completion.
Both camps are geared for girls and boys ages 9-14.
The cost for the intro camp is $110.00.
The cost for the advanced camp is $125.00
Other Events on This Day
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- INSANITY Registration (All Day)
- Women's Track & Field at U.S. Junior Championships (All Day)
- Men's Track & Field at U.S. Junior Championships (All Day)
- Denim Day (All Day)
- 31st Annual International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Summer Reading Camp (8 AM)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Sarah Dahl Doctoral Examination (9 AM)
- Computer Processing Camp (9 AM)
- Girl's Basketball Team Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Card Making With Melinda Harder (2 PM)