Aircraft Accident Investigation
Wednesday, May 21, 2014 8 AM - 4 PM
Cost: See website
Category: Community Event, Lectures / Seminars
Contact: Cara Miller 701.777.4740
Contact Dept: UND Aerospace
Grand Forks International Airport
2787 Airport Drive
Grand Forks, ND 58201
UND Aerospace and the Air Line Pilots Association, in a cooperative effort, have designed and developed a 2 1/2 day aircraft accident investigation course.
Because the field phase of an accident investigation can be confusing, chaotic and labor intensive, this "hands-on" course, using an actual aircraft wreckage, provides participants experience analyzing and documenting a re-created aircraft accident.
While not designed to solve aircraft accidents, the course places participants in the logistics involved in accident response, participation, on-scene investigation groups and on-scene investigative techniques.
Participants will be exposed to the same investigative groups used by the National Transportation Safety Board and major airlines to include Air Traffic Control (ATC), Cockpit Voice Recorders (CVR), Maintenance Records, Operations, Aircraft Structures and Survival Factors.
The course is designed for those individuals who may need to participate or become parties involved in an aircraft accident investigation, persons associated with:
Other Events on This Day
- (editor's pick)Denim Day (All Day)
- Parking Ramp Maintenance (All Day)
- TIAA-CREF sessions (All Day)
- OSHA 30 Hour (8 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (9 AM)
- *CANCELLED* Learning Environments & Student Engagement Series - Mobile Devices, Apps, and Open Education Resources (9 AM)
- PaymentNet Training (9:30 AM)
- Basic Computer Class - Drop-In Computer Help (10 AM)
- Powerhouse Toastmasters Club Meeting (12:10 PM)
- Weight Watchers (12:15 PM)
- CANCELED: Microsoft Outlook 2010: Level 2 (Intermediate) (1 PM)
- Grand Forks Library Board Meeting (3 PM)
- Swim North Dakota (5:30 PM)
- Defensive Driving (6 PM)
- Northern Ink Writers Group (6 PM)
- East Coast Swing Dance Class (8:30 PM)