1st Annual Play Therapy Conference
Thursday, June 19, 2014 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Cost: See brochure
Category: Community Event, Lectures / Seminars, Conferences
Contact: Brenda Dufault 701.777.0841
Contact Dept: Summer Programs and Events Coordinator
Skalicky Tech Incubator
4300 James Ray Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The need for therapeutic interventions for children has risen dramatically in the past 10 years; unfortunately the number of clinicians trained to serve those children has not risen at the same rate. This often results in waiting lists, and at times, children whose therapeutic needs are not met. The goals of this conference are to build a foundation for increasing the number of clinicians trained in play therapy in the region and across the state of North Dakota, and to develop a collaborative network of child therapists.
Learn the basic theories and premises of Play Therapy as a modality for working with children. Includes framework for assessment. Recommended as a building block for other conference workshops.
Registration is closed. Call 701-777-3768 for more information.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- Sunrise Yoga (6:15 AM)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Dakota Conference on Rural and Public Health (8 AM)
- Android App Inventor Camp (9 AM)
- Toddler Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- (editor's pick)Lunch & Learn (12 PM)
- Summer Language Processing Camp (12:30 PM)
- Microsoft Office Word 2010: Level 1 (Beginning) (1 PM)
- Football One Day Elite Camps (1 PM)
- Iron Circuit Yoga (1 PM)
- All About Art @ The Summer Reading Program (2 PM)
- INSANITY (5 PM)
- GFPL Animanga Club (6 PM)
- CYCLExpress (6:15 PM)
- Cardio Sculpt (6:15 PM)