Young Scientists and Engineers Academy
Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9 AM - 12 PM
Cost: See brochure
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Brenda Dufault 701.777.0841
Contact Dept: Summer Programs and Events Coordinator
243 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
The Young Scientists and Engineers Academy (YSEA) is a four day program focused on hands-on learning in the sciences and engineering for youth in grades 1-8. Morning sessions will be designed for grades 5-8 and the afternoon sessions will be for grades 1-4.
Academy participants will complete activities in a variety of science and engineering disciplines.
Monday, July 28th – Nursing and Nutrition & Dietetics
Tuesday, July 29th – Engineering (morning) and Biology & Chemistry (afternoon)
Wednesday, July 30th – Space Studies
Thursday, July 31st – John Deere
Participants can attend any or all of the classes designed for their age group. Healthy snacks will be provided and each participant will keep the products of
their learning activities.
All activities will be supervised and laboratory safety procedures will be followed.
Registration is closed.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- 2014 ND Summer Hockey Camp Week 2 (All Day)
- Alice Animation Advanced Camp (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Preschool Storytime (10 AM)
- Swim North Dakota (10 AM)
- New Employee Orientation (1 PM)
- Lego® Rebotic Advanced Camp (1 PM)
- Boy's Basketball Summer Little Hoopers (1 PM)
- Girl's Basketball All Day/Overnight Camp (4 PM)
- Insanity (5 PM)
- (editor's pick)Summer Concerts in the Garden St. Paul and the Broken Bones (6 PM)
- (editor's pick)UND Football Coaching Staff Meet & Greet (6 PM)
- enCORE (6 PM)
- Movies in the Park (9 PM)