Summer Language Processing Camp
Friday, June 27, 2014 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Category: Kids & Families, Community Event
Contact: Shari Weisz 701.777.3864
Contact Dept: Communication
290 Centennial Dr.
Grand Forks, ND 58202
What is the Purpose of the Processing Camp?
The goal of the Summer Processing Camp is to provide intervention and instruction to children with processing disorders. Upon completion of the SLPC, child participants will:
Improve their language processing skills.
Gain an understanding of how their brain uses sensory information.
Learn strategies and evaluate their learning so that they are better able to self-advocate for their learning needs in a classroom setting.
Who Can Participate?
Children, ages 7 to 12 years, with processing disorders are invited to attend the camp. This includes kids with:
1. language processing problems,
2. auditory processing deficits and/or
3. reading difficulties.
When is the camp?
The camp will run from June 17, 2014 to July 24, 2014 from 12:30-2:30 on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
What are the costs?
The fee for the Summer Processing Camp is $85. This includes two hours of instruction twice a week for 6 weeks. To register for camp, please contact the clinic at 701-777-3232.
Parking InformationUnless special parking arrangements have been stated above, off-campus guests for this event may use the pay-as-you-go option in the Parking Ramp (corner of 2nd Ave N and Columbia Road), the Visitor Lot (off Centennial Drive), or a Parking Meter. Parking in any other parking lot on-campus requires a parking pass which can be purchased directly through UND Parking Services, Twamley Hall Rm 204 (M, W-F 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM and Tu 9:00 AM – 4:30 PM).
Other Events on This Day
- Women's Track & Field at U.S. Junior Championships (All Day)
- Men's Track & Field at U.S. Junior Championships (All Day)
- Denim Day (All Day)
- 31st Annual International Aerospace Camp (All Day)
- Summer Orientation (All Day)
- INSANITY Registration (All Day)
- Summer Reading Camp (8 AM)
- Summer Speech, Language & Hearing Clinic (8 AM)
- INMED (8 AM)
- Lego® Robotic Intro Camp (9 AM)
- Computer Processing Camp (9 AM)
- Girl's Basketball Team Camp (9 AM)
- Sarah Dahl Doctoral Examination (9 AM)
- Summer Art Camp (9:30 AM)
- Card Making With Melinda Harder (2 PM)